Livecode iOS app live in the app store

Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com
Wed Jan 5 11:02:43 EST 2011

On 01/05/2011 at 05:56 AM, John Craig wrote:
> ......................................................... When local
> database storage, sockets, etc. become available, I reckon LC's iOS will
> be a killer platform for commercial apps.
> It'll be interesting to see how easily an iPhone app can be compiled for
> Android, etc.  and how many tweaks will be required.

John,

Congrats on your app going into the app store so smoothly.  I just wanted
to comment on the Android option you mentioned, which I can hardly wait to
see/use.  Based on what I have been reading about the new extensions to the
LiveCode/Rev language for mobile apps, it seems there is an awful lot of
iOS terminology being added to the syntax.  I am inclined to think that in
order to support multiple mobile platforms, the terms should be more
generic in their prefixes instead of iOSthis and iOSthat.  It makes me
wonder if Android is just an afterthought, and will end up having its own
set of specific set of commands too.  I know that there are times that
platform specific calls are needed, but why not have a more generic base
set for all mobiles like 'mobileRotateScreen' or 'mobileShake' commands.
Maybe they plan to handle it with the use of synonyms.  It would be nice to
hear something from the mothership on their Android progress.

~Roger