launch URL in Linux

Warren Samples warren at warrensweb.us
Tue Jan 4 14:08:12 EST 2011

On Tue, 2011-01-04 at 15:42 -0200, Andre Garzia wrote:
> just tried that here and did not experience the bug. I am not using
> 4.5.2
> though. If you're a Developer Program member, try one of the recent
> 4.5.x
> betas or try 4.5.0 and see if it happens again.
>
> I am running (from) Ubuntu 10.10

Thanks Andre,

I just checked here in Linux Mint 9 (32 bit) and it works fine. I have
the problem in Mint 10 (64 bit), which is based on Ubuntu 10.10. It
happens 4.5.3-RC3 as well. It seems there's something "special" about my
environment. This also occurs when using launch URL to open a file in
the default editor.

As a curious and possibly irrelevant aside, I notice that when I run the
command in the message box, "true" appears in the return field in Mint 9
but only in Mint 9.

Warren