Cursed by insertions

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Feb 27 14:00:53 EST 2011

On 2/27/11 3:30 AM, Richmond wrote:
> Having made a jazzy cursor for my text field I am wondering if there is
> possibly a way where, after an insertion point has been decided on, the
> cursor can remain with the insertion point unless the user moves it.
>
> The problem is this:
>
> The user is jigging back and forth between the textField in the Livecode
> stack and some other app, and every time they come back to the stack the
> cursor has moved.

You can use the selectedloc to find where the insertion point is. But
the cursor is never supposed to be controlled by an app, it is
independent of any particular program and should always be under the
user's control. I don't know of any other app that sets the cursor for
the user that way. I wouldn't do it if I were you, it breaks all HIGs on
all OSs.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com