[OT] Apple at it again

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sat Feb 26 02:43:12 EST 2011

On 02/25/2011 11:08 PM, Colin Holgate wrote:
> On Feb 25, 2011, at 3:55 PM, François Chaplais wrote:
>
>>> oh, and the new camera on the iPad 2 will see through people's clothes.
> Yes, but unfortunately only the front side camera does that, so you'd be looking at yourself.

Well; it does, increasingly, look like a case of the Emperor's new
clothes; or, put
it another way; why pay such a lot for Apple products when one can buy
stuff that
does the same for cheaper? As time goes on, and I become more and more
comfortable
with Linux I must say I wonder who is wearing the clothes and who is
strutting down
the main street "in the all-together" crowing like a cock on a
dunghill"; but then that only
really means that I am starting to feel about Apple the way I've always
felt about
Microsoft. I also, blame Apple and Microsoft for stifling RISC OS, which
was, once-upon-a-time,
a better OS than either Apple's or Microsoft's.

The main thing that annoys me (pace Richard Stallman) is that when I buy
an Apple or Microsoft
product I find myself tied up with EULA's; never having been terribly
fond of bondage . . .  :)