The group command

dunbarx at aol.com dunbarx at aol.com
Sun Feb 20 22:27:19 EST 2011

It is not stable. Scott is correct in that we all agreed that the only reliable workaround was to use the templateGroup to advantage. I wrote an addendum in the dictionary to the "last" keyword as it applies to groups:

The "last" keyword is not stable when referring to groups. So if one creates several groups, referencing the "last" group may not return the group actual ly created last. Using the "templateGroup" is a workaround, since when creating a new group one can, for example, set the name of the templateGroup to something unique, and be able to find the last group by name. Also, trapping the "newGroup" message with an appropriate script can be used to find the last group.

This is not an issue with other objects,

Craig Newman