Datagrid Problem

Peter Haworth pete at mollysrevenge.com
Sun Feb 20 15:05:44 EST 2011

I have a couple of strange things going on with datagrids.

In the Columns tab of the Inspector for a datagrid, I see custom property names instead of the normal labels next to fields/menus/checkboxes, eg "dgColumnIsVisible" instead of "Visible"  The inspector seems to be functioning normally other than that.

The other problem is happening on a datagrid which I have set up by script according to the instructions in Trevor's Datagrid Manual by copying it from the rev datagrid library and setting up a template for it.  That all seems to work fine.  When I try to put data into the datagrid by setting the dgText, my script stops executing at that instruction and no data is displayed in the datagrid.  I also see the following errors in the message box but I'm not sure exactly when they appeared:

91,0,1
673,0,0,button id 1005 of card id 1002 of stack "qddev Main"
90,4258,33
449,4258,16,button id 1005 of card id 1002 of stack "qddev Main"
535,4258,1,button id 1005 of card id 1002 of stack "qddev Main"
253,4255,1
253,4251,1
253,4250,1
490,4248,1
241,4248,1,_table.CreateHeaders
353,0,0,button id 1005 of group id 1004 of card id 1002 of stack "/Applications/LiveCode 4.5.2.app/Contents/Tools/Toolset/revdatagridlibrary.rev"
573,4154,1
241,4154,1,_table.CreateColumns
353,0,0,button id 1005 of group id 1004 of card id 1002 of stack "/Applications/LiveCode 4.5.2.app/Contents/Tools/Toolset/revdatagridlibrary.rev"
573,167,1
253,166,1
253,114,1
241,114,1,_Initialize
353,0,0,button id 1005 of group id 1004 of card id 1002 of stack "/Applications/LiveCode 4.5.2.app/Contents/Tools/Toolset/revdatagridlibrary.rev"
573,82,1

Any ideas on what might be causing this?

Pete Haworth