RevServer deployment on OSX Server

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Fri Feb 18 19:48:30 EST 2011

I don't find the feature parity close enough that it "is easily worked
around by copying the script to a text file and including it that way".

Some of the things that are "best practice" (IMO) for stack scripting
just don't work when the script is saved to a text file and included:

  - private functions and handlers (don't work at all - cause an error)
  - script local variables (still work - but are not script local, so
you may get name space pollution and dreadful-to-debug problems)

and some features are just unavailable

  - can't use password-protected stacks, so you cannot protect stack
scripts on clients' sites

Having said that - I'm still an enthusiast for .irev files as a better
way to do server-side LC scripting, I just wish we could get a released
version some day soon.

-- Alex.