Saving datagrids

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Fri Feb 18 16:57:36 EST 2011

Hi Craig.

If you mean that the datagrid is in the mainstack of the standalone, I think you will find that NO data ANYWHERE is saved in that stack. The mainstack becomes a part of the standalone, and as such is read only. No way around this. Not for LiveCode standalones, not for Microsoft Word docs (if they were made into standalones that is).

The ONLY way to have data in a stack persistent between standalone sessions is to make the stack either a substack of some other mainstack (like a splash stack) or else a supporting file, in which case it will get put in a folder inside the standalone bundle (for mac) and I don't know where Windows will put it, but the upshot is, the standalone will act like a runtime engine when it opens your now editable substack.

Bob