Sample code for reading a CSV file

David C. davidocoker at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 13:50:42 EST 2011

On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 12:16 PM, Paul Dupuis <paul at researchware.com> wrote:
> So I am tired of reinventing the proverbial wheel over and over again.
>
> I have a new project that I want to read a CSV file for. Obviously reading
> the file is easy. And is it was tab separated instead of comma, parsing out
> the rows and columns is easy as well. However, with comma seperated data
> where some columns contain string with commas in then that are encapsulated
> in quotes, just plowing through the itemDelimiter and lineDelimter doesn't
> work.
>
> So before I bother to write code to handle encapsulated CSV data, I thought
> I'd ask if anyone on the use-list has existing code to handle CSV's that
> they'd be willing to share.
>
> --
> Paul Dupuis

Hi Paul,
The devil-spawned CSV issue pops up every few months and the
discussions seem to get deep... Shao Sean has a CSV library that may
be helpful to you, details posted here:

http://runtime-revolution.278305.n4.nabble.com/ANN-CSV-Parser-Library-1-0-0-td1585347.html

I didn't have any luck reaching her site and cannot fin my copy at the
moment. :(

Best regards,
David C.