[OT] Apple at it again

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Feb 16 16:06:32 EST 2011

On 2/16/11 2:48 PM, David C. wrote:

> I do know for certainty that PDF's and e-books of other formats can be
> emailed to a user account to be converted to work with the Kindle, as
> long as there isn't any DRM content involved.  Unless you are correct,
> that means folks that own Amazon based e-book content will be forced
> to purchase Kindle hardware, should Amazon not decide to toe the line
> with Apple's demands.

When you put it that way, I think you're right. I read somewhere that
you could bypass the iApp and load books independently, but now I can't
recall where I saw that, and maybe it wasn't talking about DRM books. I
don't yet own an i-thing, so I'm not clear on this, but if you already
have an app installed, won't it continue to work forever? Maybe what I
read was assuming you'd continue to use the existing Amazon app.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com