[OT] Apple at it again

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Wed Feb 16 14:36:26 EST 2011

> If vendors do not like the deal, they don't have to sign the
> contract. If users do not like Apple practices, they can
> avoid buying the product. Isn't free enterprise grand? We can
> vote with our wallets! What will NOT by ANY means change one
> daggum thing however, is bashing Apple on a list no one
> outside of us reads. And frankly, the assumption that a
> corporation owes any consideration to anyone who buys nothing
> from them seems rather totalitarian in it's own right. Don't
> you think?

I feel that way when someone else votes to raise taxes on me, but not
himself. Happens all the time.

That said, if you develop for the Mac, you usually are a buyer of Apple
products, and Mac developers are influencers in the market - to varying
degrees - far more so than the $$$ value of the sale. I think its relevant
to discuss here because we as developers are empowered, one way or the
other, to make a difference. Free enterprise means we can do more with out
dollars and influence if we are smart about it.

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
President
Paradigma Software