[OT] Apple at it again

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 13:51:50 EST 2011

On 02/16/2011 08:29 PM, Andre Garzia wrote:
> I just want my devices to be mine again... to be able to tinker with
> them without making myself a target for a lawsuit...
>
> :-/

That, my dear, is what the whole cut and thrust of Richard Stallman's
critique is about:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Stallman

in spite of his incredibly high-pitched, tediously repetitive shrieking,
the chap
is right . . .

Probably not that much "lurve" lost between Stallman and Jobs . . .  :)

I am typing THIS on a battered, old Pentium 4, running Ubuntu 11.04 that
has been mucked
around with so much that were it Mac or Windows the vampires would have
been feasting off
me years ago.

Have you ever taken the trouble to read the EULA thingies attached to
computers, operating
systems and so forth; frightening stuff!!!!!