selecting the selected

Peter Brigham MD pmbrig at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 10:20:14 EST 2011

On Feb 16, 2011, at 10:10 AM, Richmond wrote:

> Umm . ..
>
> so I have a field [called fld "TEKST"]full of text and I select some
> of it with my mouse
>
> I then click on a button that contains the following script:
>
> on mouseUp
>    copy the selected of fld "TEKST"
> end mouseUp
>
> nix!
>
> now, I've tried "the selectedText" and "the selectedChunk" to no
> avail . . .
>
> Please advise

First, the traversalon of the button must be false or the selection in
the field will be wiped out by the mouseclick before it can to used.
With this in place, if you just use:

on mouseUp
    copy
end mouseUp

if should work. An alternative is to put this in the button script:

on mouseenter
    set the selText of me to the selectedtext
end if

on mouseup
    put the selText of me into sText
    set the clipboarddata{"text"] to sText