UPDATE: Drag and Drop

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Tue Feb 15 13:17:32 EST 2011

As far as the problems I have been having with drag and drop, I discovered I had a bad datagrid. When I deleted and recreated the datagrid, everything began to work properly again, with the exact same scripts (I saved and restored the scripts). Oddly, dropping onto any other column besides the third one worked, but dropping on the third column produced a bad dragDestination, and trying to get the dgIndex of the dragDestination returned empty.

This frankly scares the bejesus out of me because at any point I can have a corrupted datagrid, and not know it until after I deploy. I am going to have to be very, very careful when working with these things.

Also, the help says that the dragDestination is only available in the dragDrop handler, but I am using it in the dragReorderDrop handler (as per Datagrid Helper) and it works fine. Also, there is no help entry for dragReorderDrop.

Bob