LiveCode SQL APIs

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Mon Feb 14 18:29:12 EST 2011

It is my experience that when connecting to web based SQL servers, that they drop you themselves after a period of idle time. This is of course, to prevent someone from running a kind of DDOS on your SQL server.

Unless you control the server, you cannot disable this. I agree with the assessment that you should open the database connection, do your business, and get out. Some will say you shouldn't even be connecting directly to an SQL server over the internet, but that point has been hashed and rehashed before so I won't re-rehash it here.

Bob