Rev server: going to another .irev page from script

Jim Ault jimaultwins at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 12 13:06:34 EST 2011

On Feb 12, 2011, at 8:53 AM, stephen barncard wrote:

> wow this list is wonderful. thanks all -- more than one way to do
> this...
>
> Andre - does this method require a full path?
It requires a web page URL

     pLocation should be like  "http://www.mysite.com/myfile.irev"

This would be the way to load a new web page in the browser.
The browser history would update so the user could 'go back'

The issue with Apache web servers is that the 'Status' header needs to
be sent first to the browser or the header 'Location' is ignored.

You could also use the following
    get "Status:301"
    get IT & cr & "Location:"
    get IT && "http://www.mysite.com/myfile.irev"
    put IT  -- send both lines to the browser at once

or
    get "Status:301" & cr & "Location: http://www.mysite.com/
myfile.irev"
    put IT  -- send both lines to the browser at once

Hope this helps.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas