Screen objects absolute size

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Tue Feb 8 07:00:31 EST 2011

David:

If I understand what you're proposing, I think you're facing a losing battle
here.  With so many possible settings for resolution and variations in pixel
density of screens, it's unlikely you'll be able to match the size of
objects across systems/screens.  The only (poor) option I was ever able to
come up with is manual calibration on the part of the user: they need to
hold some measuring device to the screen and either adjust their screen
resolution appropriately, or dynamically adjust the size of objects in a
stack.

Maybe someone else has another suggestion.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, UX Design