Drag and Drop

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Mon Feb 7 00:55:14 EST 2011

Pete:

There are several drag and drop references you can explore (for example, the
LiveCode User Guide found under Help > User Guide, page 262).  LC has all
the commands to implement what you want.

On a semi-related note, I have a drag and drop sample stack that is all
LiveCode script, based on work done by the late Eric Chatonet.  I wanted a
drag and drop routine that represented dragged objects using their original
forms, rather than a rectangle.  You can get the stack by executing the
following in your message box:
 go url "http://www.tactilemedia.com/site_files/downloads/TMdragndrop.rev"

Start dragging any object and the "drop stack" will open automatically.
Note that this doesn't use LC's drag and drop routines, and as such has a
couple of limitations, so learning the "real" drag and drop routines might
be better in the long run.  But the scripted solution works fine for me.  As
they say, YMMV.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director