datagrid forms and pre-defined sorting sorting

Peter Haworth pete at mollysrevenge.com
Wed Feb 2 20:22:37 EST 2011

There's a SortDataGridColumn message that is sent to the datagrid when the user clicks on a column to sort it.  I've not used it but I imaging you could grab the data ,sort it however you want it, then put it back into the datagrid within a handler for that message in the datagrid group script.  I think there's an example in the Datagrid manual.

Depending on the source of your data, you could sort it before loading it into the datagrid.  Most of the data in my datagrids comes form SQL databases so I sort it while selecting it from the db.

Pete Haworth