How to get current text hiliteColor in Linux?

Warren Samples warren at warrensweb.us
Tue Feb 1 18:14:57 EST 2011

On Tue, 2011-02-01 at 16:57 -0600, Warren Samples wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-02-01 at 16:33 -0600, Warren Samples wrote:

> > > There probably is a shell query, but if there isn't, you might possibly programmatically select some text on a white background then use mouseColor to sniff out the hiliteColor.
> > >
> > > Or pixelColorAt(x,y), if we ever get it! ;)
> > >
> > > Jim Lambert
> >

> > Richard,
> >
> > It probably will depend on what desktop environment the user is running,
> > but try searching GConf and gconftool. This may turn up your answer for
> > Gnome. I would also ask in Linux forums, where you will probably have
> > better luck getting a definitive answer or set of answers. (But if you
> > find out, please share - it's ugly hyperlink blue here in Mint!)
> >
> > Good luck,
> >
> > Warren
> >

> here's a link that might be helpful:
>
> http://projects.gnome.org/gconf/

In fact, run the command found on the page linked to in the previous
post:

'gconftool-2 -R /desktop/gnome'

Scroll down a bit and you should come to entries like this:

  gtk_color_scheme = fg_color:#3d3d3d3d3d3d
bg_color:#e0e0deded3d3
text_color:#c7c7c7c7c7c7
base_color:#3c3c3b3b3737
selected_fg_color:#3d3d3d3d3d3d