How to get current text hiliteColor in Linux?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Feb 1 17:12:26 EST 2011

Jim Lambert wrote:

 > Richard wrote:
 >
 >> Currently the LiveCode engine uses the Windows hiliteColor when
 >> selecting text, ignoring whatever highlight color may be in use
 >> by the current theme.
 >>
 >> Is there a shell query I can run to determine the current text
 >> highlight color?
 >
 > There probably is a shell query, but if there isn't, you might
 > possibly programmatically select some text on a white background
 > then use mouseColor to sniff out the hiliteColor.

Thanks, Jim, but there's the rub:  the hiliteColor  LiveCode uses on
Linux isn't the one in the current theme (it looks like some Win95 default).

In fact, that's my goal:  once I can find out what the current theme
uses, I can make my own text selection look normal within the user's setup.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World