How to : print a A4 stack to an A4 pdf ??

FlexibleLearning admin at FlexibleLearning.com
Tue Feb 1 16:57:38 EST 2011

Hi Robert,

> Question users! Has anybody achieved printing a standard A4 "portrait"
stack
> (595 x 842 pixels) with the "open printing to pdf" command??? If yes..
> please share! I can't make it work over here.

Try this...

on print2pdf
  --| Requires v4.5 and revpdfprinter.dll in the same directory as the
engine...
  put "[Title of document]" into optionArray["Title"]
  put "[Your Name]" into optionArray["Author"]
  put "[Subject of document]" into optionArray["Subject"]
  put "Created by [MyAppName]" into optionArray["Creator"]
  put "LiveCode 4.5 pdf engine" into optionArray["Producer"]
  put "[List of key words]" into optionArray["Keywords"]
  --
  set the itemDel to "/"
  put item 1 to -2 of the effective filename of this
stack&"/pdfprintfile.pdf" into tFilePath
  ask file "Save as..." with tFilePath
  if it="" then exit to top
  put it into tFilePath
  if char -4 to -1 of tFilePath <>".pdf" then put ".pdf" after tFilePath
  --
  reset printing
  set the formatforprinting of this stack to "false"

Ensure you leave sufficient unused space on the card for your printer's
minimum margins.

Hugh Senior
FLCo