mouseup/mouseDoubleU

Colin Holgate coiin at verizon.net
Tue Feb 1 16:23:37 EST 2011

On Feb 1, 2011, at 4:16 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:

> Richard explained it well. You're right that double-clicks are very common, especially in lists, but I can't think of any app that allows double clicks for buttons. Buttons are pretty universally one-click objects.

Interestingly, in Flash they solve some of the potential issues by making it be that you have to enable doubleclick detection in the first place. For most people who don't need doubleclicks, the default behavior of it being off suits them just fine. If you do need to have single and double click interaction, then you can enable the detection, and live with any potential confusion.