mouseup/mouseDoubleUp

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Feb 1 14:13:12 EST 2011

On 2/1/11 11:32 AM, Peter Haworth wrote:

> I have submitted a bug report for this.  If you want to vote, it's
> number 9366.  There are a couple of duplicates, some quite old, so
> not sure what the chanxes are of it getting fixed.

It isn't a bug, though it may not be what you want. A mouseclick will
always produce a mouseUp (-down, -stilldown, etc.) If a second mouse
click happens within the double-click interval, the second set of mouse
messages is skipped and you get the mousedouble-whatever instead. But
you'll always get at least one mouseUp on the first click, and you need
to. Otherwise the engine would have to wait after every click to see if
it was a double or not before triggering.

To accomodate, either avoid using both messages in the same control, or
use a work-around like Craig suggested. The work-around is a good idea,
because it places the onus of waiting on your own script without
crippling the engine in all situations.

All x-talk engines have worked like this.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com