Update on defaultStack problem

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Feb 1 13:57:31 EST 2011

On 2/1/11 11:10 AM, Peter Haworth wrote:
> destroyStack is false.  Sounds feasible but doesn't explain why the
> problem only occurs when I dynamically add new controls to the modal
> dialog and change its height.
>
> I'm about to submit a bug report for this.

The act of manually manipulating controls will reset the defaultstack.
That makes sense, since the user will be actively working with it and
the engine needs to direct its instructions to that stack. If your user
doesn't change the controls, then the defaultstack doesn't have to change.

The workaround is to do what you did -- reset the defaultstack when the
script returns to the originating handler.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com