mouseup/mouseDoubleUp

Peter Haworth pete at mollysrevenge.com
Tue Feb 1 12:32:52 EST 2011

The dictionary talks about a couple of properties that affect double click, doubleclickinterval and doubleclickdelta.

If the two mouse click happen in less time than is specified in doubleclickinterval and the mouse isn't moved more than the number of pixels defined in doubleclickdelta, a mouseDoubleup is supposed to be generated.  Any other combinations should result in a mouseUp.

On my computer, doubleclickinterval is set to 500 (which I think means half a second) and doubleclickdelta is set to 4.  Seems like I'm doubleclicking within those limits but I might try messing with those settings to see what happens.

But maybe not.  The dictionary says you shouldn't mess with the doubleclickinterval "since doing so may discombobulate the user"!!!  Really? Discombobulate?  Maybe "confuse" would work just as well!

I have submitted a bug report for this.  If you want to vote, it's number 9366.  There are a couple of duplicates, some quite old, so not sure what the chanxes are of it getting fixed.

Pete Haworth