Nested Group Frustrations

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 19:31:53 EST 2011

This conversation brings me memories from
the book "The Psychology of Everyday Things".
Now renamed as "The Design of Everyday Things"

http://www.amazon.com/Design-Everyday-Things-Donald-Norman/dp/0385267746
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Design_of_Everyday_Things

http://www.geocities.ws/serga_n_y/week6.html

- Understand the causes of errors and design to minimize errors
- Make it possible to undo actions before errors occur
- Make it easier to discover errors, and make them easier to correct
- Change our attitude toward errors. There are many ways to deal with
potential errors.

A simple popUp warning about the correct way to edit nested groups
could prevent many foreseable problems in the future.

These warnings should be available for new installations with the
prevision that advanced users should be able to turn them off
ONE by ONE.

Al