OT Password protection of RR server?

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Tue Dec 27 20:04:59 EST 2011

Jim-

Tuesday, December 27, 2011, 11:03:52 AM, you wrote:

> I would like to password protect a page. Is there anything about
> the RR server that affects how that should be done?

As Matthias said, log on to on-rev's cPanel, then scroll down the page
to the Security section and click on Password Protect Directories.
You'll probably want to click on the public_html icon (not the text)
to open it and then navigate your way down to the folder you want to
protect.

When you finally find the right one, click on its text (not its icon),
then place a check in the checkbox to verify that you want to protect
it and (optionally) set a name for the directory. Then enter a
username and password (both are necessary to unlock the directory) and
click Add/modify authorized user. You're done unless you want to add
more user/password pairs.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net