Strange Datagrid Behavior

Pete pete at mollysrevenge.com
Tue Dec 27 18:06:56 CST 2011


I found the reason for this strange problem.  The second datagrid mentioned
in the original message was named "Columns".  In desperation, I changed its
name to something other than "Columns" and of course changed references to
it and now all works fine.

It appears that "Columns" is some sort of reserved word in the datagrid
world, not too surprising I suppose.

Pete

On Tue, Dec 27, 2011 at 9:46 AM, Bob Sneidar <bobs at twft.com> wrote:

> Delete the first datagrid and when it throws an error that is where
> whatever code is referencing the first datagrid literally.
>
> It sounds at first blush like you set the behavior to something other than
> the datagrid library, and then did some custom work with that behavior,
> referring to the first datagrid literally somewhere in the behavior script.
>
> Alternately, you can try edit the script of the behavior of
> mySecondDataGrid and then search for the name of the first datagrid.
>
> Bob
>
>
> On Dec 26, 2011, at 5:28 PM, Pete wrote:
>
> > I have two datagrids on a card.  When the user clicks on an option menu
> on
> > the card, the datagrids are populated with information in two different
> > formats, at least that's what's supposed to happen.
> >
> > I do this by setting the dgText of each datagrid to the value of a
> > variable.  When I set the dgText of the first datagrid (stepping through
> in
> > debug), I see the correct data show up.  When I set the dgText of the
> > second datagrid, it appears in the first datagrid and the second datagrid
> > remains empty!!!!!!  The datagrids have different names.
> >
> > I have checked the row template property to make sure it has not somehow
> > been set to the wrong datagrid but they are both correct.  I have checked
> > the value of the dgContorl property of each datagrid and it is correct
> also.
> >
> > I will say that these datagrids have have a somewhat checkered past.
>  They
> > originally existed on a different card than they reside on now, and all
> > worked fine back in those good old days.  For application design
> reasons, I
> > copied them (and a few other controls) from the original card to a
> > different card and put them all into a group.  That's when the problems
> > started.
> >
> > Any ideas on how I might track down this strange behavior?
> >
> > --
> > Pete
> > Molly's Revenge <http://www.mollysrevenge.com>
> > _______________________________________________
> > use-livecode mailing list
> > use-livecode at lists.runrev.com
> > Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your
> subscription preferences:
> > http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> use-livecode mailing list
> use-livecode at lists.runrev.com
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your
> subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
>
>


-- 
Pete
Molly's Revenge <http://www.mollysrevenge.com>


More information about the use-livecode mailing list