Strange Datagrid Behavior

Pete pete at mollysrevenge.com
Mon Dec 26 20:28:36 EST 2011

I have two datagrids on a card.  When the user clicks on an option menu on
the card, the datagrids are populated with information in two different
formats, at least that's what's supposed to happen.

I do this by setting the dgText of each datagrid to the value of a
variable.  When I set the dgText of the first datagrid (stepping through in
debug), I see the correct data show up.  When I set the dgText of the
second datagrid, it appears in the first datagrid and the second datagrid
remains empty!!!!!!  The datagrids have different names.

I have checked the row template property to make sure it has not somehow
been set to the wrong datagrid but they are both correct.  I have checked
the value of the dgContorl property of each datagrid and it is correct also.

I will say that these datagrids have have a somewhat checkered past.  They
originally existed on a different card than they reside on now, and all
worked fine back in those good old days.  For application design reasons, I
copied them (and a few other controls) from the original card to a
different card and put them all into a group.  That's when the problems
started.

Any ideas on how I might track down this strange behavior?

--
Pete