[OT] iPhone is for games, Android is for apps.

Bernard Devlin bdrunrev at gmail.com
Sat Dec 24 13:44:03 EST 2011

This article asserts that there are 16 million activations of Android
a month. http://www.zdnet.com/blog/hardware/2011-the-year-of-the-android-os/17021

"Then there are the 10 billion app downloads. That’s a staggering
number, and at the equivalent point in the Apple App Store’s life
cycle, it had only managed around half this number of download. What’s
more impressive is realizing that Google only broke the 3 billion mark
back in March of this year, so that’s 7 billion in around 8 months (it
took Google 20 months to hit the billion download mark in July 2010)."

In the context of those numbers, 91 million a month makes more sense
than 9 million.

The numbers and scale are astounding.

Bernard