iPad screenrecording: how?

Todd Geist todd at geistinteractive.com
Thu Dec 22 10:08:58 EST 2011

On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 12:51 AM, Ben Rubinstein <benr_mc at cogapp.com> wrote:

> If you can't work with the simulator, I think there is a theoretical route
> to a 'perfect' capture: if you have an iPad2 (I think, or perhaps iPad1)
> running iOS 5, then you can use AirPlay to send both image and sound to an
> AppleTV unit.  Unfortunately the AppleTV only outputs HDMI: there are HDMI
> digitisers but they are quite expensive.  AFAIK there is no current way to
> receive AirPlay video on anything other than an AppleTV unit.

Airplay/AppleTV doesn't get you much in this area.  You still need a way to
capture the HDMI coming off the AppleTV.  AppleTV is nothing more than an
expensive invisible HDMI cable.  You are still going to need something that
can capture HMDI video. This is something that is not built into any mac or
pc that I know about.  You are going to need some hardware.

Todd