is among the words AND find words

Pete pete at mollysrevenge.com
Wed Dec 21 16:17:46 EST 2011

Not really - try parsing out an SQL SELECT statement.  Granted that's not
really English text but if you want to make this a general purpose
function, you have to deal with that circumstance.  I needed to do that and
ended up going through the text and inserting a space after each comma if
there wasn't already one there.

On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 12:54 PM, Bob Sneidar <bobs at twft.com> wrote:

> I suppose it could be argued that everything would break down if the text
> were "now,is,the,time,for,all,goo,men..." but at some point we have to
> presume the absence of the absurd? to have 2 words split by a comma is a
> problem with the data, not with the software.
>
> Bob
>

> On Dec 21, 2011, at 12:09 PM, Mark Wieder wrote:
>
> > Yes, but... if the phrase is "now is the time,for all good men" then a
> > search for "all" will return 5 instead of 6.
> >
> > --
> > -Mark Wieder
> > mwieder at ahsoftware.net

Pete