Wanted: Neophytes ftp Client
rjearp at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 18 14:41:52 EST 2011
I support a bunch of seniors located around the world that wish to share files on occasions. Small files are OK as they get attached to eMail, but large files are a bugger. Unfortunately the site being used is on a shared server, so web site solutions such as Remository time-out. I can ftp the files to the server, but then the problem is most of the other users are absolute neophytes when it comes to ftp clients. Yep, I know clients like FileZilla are not that difficult to set up and use, but you try to step an 80 year old through the process, and expect them to remember it !!
We can use a fixed (hard wIred) URL, so I was thinking of putting together a "Neophytes ftp Client" with the following features (hopefully);
- Cross platform (no problem with that using LC)
- Start & Stop buttons which connect or disconnect the stack to the server. Just so the user can see that things are working.
- Field with list of files at the remote URL with (preferably) file name & extension, date and size.
- Upload button that opens a dialogue box to select a file from the local machine.
- Download button that requires the user to select a file from the list of remote files
- Upload/Download progress bar (nice to have)
Before I start to create something from scratch, it came to mind that somebody may have already written something with similar features. Anybody know of such ?
White Rock, British Columbia.
More information about the Use-livecode