FTP a file to the www directory

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Fri Dec 16 19:13:08 EST 2011

On 16/12/2011 20:53, J. Landman Gay wrote:
> I need to upload a file to the public_html directory on a server. The
> file is fairly large so I don't want to use "put". LibURLftpUploadFile
> works, but using ftp always uploads outside the www directory. What do
> I need to do to get the file to upload to the web site?

upload to the ftp directory
then use a .lc script to move it over to where you want it (and maybe
even return the file size as an extra check)

e.g. (not-even-pseudo-code)

LibURLftpUploadFile "myfile.txt"
get URL "http://mydomain.com/move_my_file_into_place.lc?file=myfile.txt"
if it <> the number of chars in "myfile.txt" then ....

-- Alex.