Convert Excel date

Curry Kenworthy curry at pair.com
Thu Dec 15 23:16:33 CST 2011

> Dates are displayed in numbers. (1/01/1900 = 1 so today = 40892)
> Is there a script to convert it in a real date with livecode ?

I'm working on an Excel importer library, so I've been doing dates as
well. Date conversion and Excel-style date/number formatting options are
needed anyway behind the scenes for import, so my plan is to make them
available as functions too. (I will also support dates further back on
Windows, if LiveCode doesn't extend the built-in range.)

Best wishes,

Curry K.