Convert Excel date

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Thu Dec 15 12:14:18 EST 2011

Search the archives. I think Sarah wrote a julian date converter, but the problem is that the Julian date can mean several things depending on the source. Can you have Excel display the date as international format? Otherwise, I bet there is an Applescript you can use if you are doing this on a Mac. Windows uses Visual Basic, and I don't have the foggiest clue about that, except to say that to launch a visual basic script saved as a file on the hard disk, you can use a shell command:

cscript.exe "myScript.vbs"

If you know Visual Basic and they have a conversion for dates, you can give that a shot.

Bob