Checkbox in datagrid column

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Tue Dec 13 20:21:38 EST 2011

Hi all.

I guess this would be a zryip question. It may be too difficult to attempt, but I am going to give it a try anyway.

I have a datagrid that already contains data. There are 3 modes to the form, browse, edit and newrecord. In edit and newrecord mode I want to display a checkbox in a column next to each row of the datagrid, but in browse mode I don't want the checkbox to be displayed.

Maybe I should back up a bit. I have 2 datagrids, one is a list of primary records for the form, let's say reservations. The second can be anything related to the primary data, say the guest, the rooms he has reserved, the conference the reservation is attached to etc.

In browse mode, I filter the alt list to only show the row data that corresponds to the primary record. But when editing or creating a new record, I display ALL the data, so the user can select from a list of records using a checkbox in the datagrid. Get it?

So I would like to be able to either add a checkbox on the fly (probably too hard) or else have the checkbox column there by default, and then hide and show it by changing the dgColumns as needed.

Maybe I am over-thinking this, and what I really need to do is create a bunch of buttons that correspond to the rows of the datagrid and kludge it.

Bob