livecode server, postgres

Malte Brill revolution at derbrill.de
Tue Dec 13 08:25:57 EST 2011

Hi Roger,

each machine has its own Database Server, so localhost would be correct. I can connect to the database on each machines localhost. I got the UBUNTU server running again, now it is only the windows machine that is acting up. I reinstalled apache and updated to the 5.0 engine to no avail. Seems the .dll does not get loaded. I can connect to mysql, sqllite and ODBC complains with a different error message. just postGres returns invalid database type now.

Simplified the script to this:

<?lc
put revopendatabase("mysql","127.0.0.1","grabung","postgres","postgres")
?>

--> Reports "Can't connect to MySQL server as there is none, but the external is working

<?lc
put revopendatabase("postgresql","127.0.0.1","grabung","postgres","postgres")
?>

--> invalid database type

<?lc
put revopendatabase("sqlite","127.0.0.1","grabung","postgres","postgres")
?>

--> 1

<?lc
put revopendatabase("odbc","127.0.0.1","grabung","postgres","postgres")
?>

--> some MS error about not finding the datasource...

Grmbl...

Thanks for your time anyway!

Malte