LibURL short data retrieval

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Dec 12 22:22:22 EST 2011

I've been using a script for years that downloads files from a folder on
my server. It calls a CGI which collects the data and sends it back.
Recently it has started behaving oddly.

The relevant part of the script:

     put "http://www.myserver.com/cgi-bin/xxx.mt" into tURL
     libURLSetStatusCallback "checkStatus", the long ID of me
     put url tUrl into tData

The data is put into a field and when I visually compare it to what is
on the server, it looks correct. The data appears to all be there.

But a progress bar that measures the download now stops prematurely,
indicating the retrieval isn't finishing. I added some logging in the
callback message, and I get this:

contacted
requested
downloaded

There are no errors, and yet the last part of the data is not retrieved.
Since the downloaded data appears to be correct, it almost looks like
the total byte count is wrong, but I'm not sure why it would start doing
that just within the few weeks. It was working fine for many years. The
results are the same when I test in LiveCode 4.2.x and 5.0.x.

Anyone know what might cause that?

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com