When to release a free Android app? (development cycle)

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Dec 9 15:45:10 EST 2011

On 12/9/11 1:04 PM, Ben Rubinstein wrote:

> * support the reversed portrait orientation. In my use, I find that I'm
> mostly using the Fire 'upside down' from what Amazon apparently expect
> (so that the power button is at the top); their standard apps all handle
> this, so it's jarring when another app can't handle it.

I'd love to see that too, but any version of Android 2.2 or lower won't
support it. At least, that's what the LiveCode docs say. It's true on my
device, and I'm not sure how to work around the restriction. Most of my
other apps do rotate correctly regardless (but I have one non-LC app
that doesn't,) so there's some kind of hack that I don't know about or
LiveCode doesn't support.

I'm not sure what version of Android the Fire is running, but that may
be why this LiveCode app won't rotate.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com