Creating an Undo palette

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Thu Dec 8 18:24:28 EST 2011

Right. Now imagine all kinds of imported images, and all the buttons or backgrounds that use them in a complex app. Ick! You would have to relink all the objects with their new image ID's. This at least is a great reason to update how Livecode accesses images and icons. A button ought to be able to access an image file right off the disk, and maintain the zoom ratio and cropping to fit the button or graphic object.

It is also a lesson for developers of livecode: We probably should get in the habit of keeping a pristine template stack for every project we produce so we can go back and "reset" the ID's of everything.

But all this is moot if Runrev would come up with a way to reset the id counter, or else use the lowest unused ID when creating objects instead of a simple increment off the stack ID. Seems like a simple thing to do...

Bob