Preventing multiple instances of a Windows app - still a problem

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Sun Dec 4 11:20:20 EST 2011

I see. I have been using:

function programs
     if the platform is "MacOS" then -- only OSX!
          put shell("ps -xcw") into myList
          put offset("COMMAND",myList) into myColPos
          repeat for each line myLine in myList
               put char myColPos to -1 of myLine & cr after myNewList
          end repeat
          filter myNewList without "(*"
          return line 2 to -1 of myNewList
     else if the platform is "Win32" then
          put line 4 to -1 of shell("tasklist") into myList
          repeat for each line myLine in myList
               put word 1 of myLine & cr after myNewList
          end repeat
          return line 1 to -2 of myNewList
     else
          return empty
     end if
end programs

but I am not sure that this works on Win XP Home for example.

Graham, could you post your current VBScript or provide a link to that script in the discussion of May?

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com