[OT}] Hypercard and an uneasy read.

Todd Geist todd at geistinteractive.com
Sat Dec 3 09:27:50 EST 2011

That list is better described as a list of open source projects that Apple
has contributed to.

Darwin is composed of code developed by Apple, as well as code derived from
NeXTSTEP, BSD, and other free software projects. WebKit is a fork of KHTML

Many open source projects require you to publish the changes you make to
them if you derive some commercial benefit. So that is a lot of what you
see on that list. So TrueType and Bonjour may have come from Apple. But
Apache and bash, I don't think so.

Todd

On Sat, Dec 3, 2011 at 6:11 AM, Colin Holgate <coiin at verizon.net> wrote:

> To get you started, look into how many technologies are involved in these
> few examples:
>
> Darwin
> WebKit
> Firewire
> TrueType
> Bonjour
>
> Here's a page of over 200 open source aspects to OSX:
>
> http://www.apple.com/opensource/
>

> On Dec 3, 2011, at 3:38 AM, Richmond wrote:
>
> > >I am unaware of Apple (or Microsoft, for that matter) ever having
> open-sourced anything.

Todd Geist

(805) 419-9382