[OT}] Hypercard and an uneasy read.

Colin Holgate coiin at verizon.net
Sat Dec 3 00:29:45 EST 2011

I worked in Apple tech support in the UK, from October 1987 to end of Jan 1992, and when I met HyperCard, which was very young at the time, I told my manager that I thought it was going to be huge. He asked why, and I said, well, it's like programming for the rest of us. He agreed.

When I started working in tech support there were drawers full of paper pads, that the others had filled in whenever a support call was handled. I soon wrote a stack that did the same job, and a colleague took that further. Probably saved a few trees between us. Eventually it was changed over to using a proper database application, which wasn't any better than the stack, but might have had some advantage I'm not aware of.

In Feb 1992 I moved to Santa Monica, where I programmed about 70 titles using HyperCard for Voyager. So, at least I got fairly good use out of it!