printing rotated text

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Fri Dec 2 14:15:47 EST 2011

On 02/12/2011 18:58, Roger Eller wrote:
>> So if there was a way to do it right - ie a 'printRotated' property that
>> could be set and reset multiple times within a single print job - that
>> would be nicer.
>
> I would rather have rotation angle as a property of a text field.  This has
> been requested many times in the past, but RunRev doesn't really want to do
> it.  It comes as no surprise that rotating text was NOT on their recent
> survey, although it is a feature that many of us could use.

I do see your point - but in terms of effort, support a rotation property in
printing (and you're correct that it should be an angle rather than a boolean)
- which would affect all printing - should be relatively trivial to implement,
whereas supporting rotated text fields on screen would be far from that.

Ben