printing rotated text

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Fri Dec 2 13:35:45 EST 2011

On 02/12/2011 15:59, dfepstein at comcast.net wrote:
> Create the field with fontsize 4 times what your want, take a snapshot, rotate, paste, and reduce the image's width and length to 25% of the original .

Yep, that's exactly what I'm doing (not the paste bit, ie the code puts text
into a field, takes the snapshot, rotates the snapshot, and then uses the
'print ... into rect' syntax to have it scaled on the printer).

But it's ugly, and while if I know the exact resolution of the printer I
should get something like the right result, if for example I generate a PDF
when you zoom it, you can see the horizontal text scale smoothly, while the
vertical text reveals its bitmap horrors.

So if there was a way to do it right - ie a 'printRotated' property that could
be set and reset multiple times within a single print job - that would be nicer.

On 02/12/2011 14:00, FlexibleLearning wrote:
 > Up to 4.6.2, you get increased image resolution if you import an image and
 > scale it down, but not if you take a snapshot and scale it down.
 >
 > I did bug-report this anomoly ages ago. Maybe they fixed increased res on
 > snapshots in 5.0 (not tried yet).

It's working fine for me in the latest version.

thanks all for your responses,

Ben