SoCal LUG meeting: Wind advisory

Paul Looney simplsol at aol.com
Thu Dec 1 16:24:18 EST 2011

Richard,
I live about 30 miles east of Pasadena.
Sometime last night the city of San Dimas decided to run a wind-chime test. Every wind-chime in the city went off at once - and continued ringing for hours.
This morning that sound was replace by sirens and chain saws.
We have a heavy, industrial-style gate at the back entrance to the property. The wind blew it off the track and broke some of the welds. The wind also thinned the trees, swept the lawn and did other miscellaneous mischief.
The winds here were estimated at approximately 75 mph (121 kph).
Tonight promises more fun.
Paul Looney