[OT}] Hypercard and an uneasy read.

Todd Geist todd at geistinteractive.com
Thu Dec 1 15:23:07 EST 2011

Excellent read.  And entirely plausible.

I think his assertion that the various HyperCard clones that are too
complex and contain too many mystery knobs is pretty accurate.

My first programs were written in HyperCard. It was easy to figure out.  I
have spent decades now writing software or database programs using PHP
groovy FileMaker and MySQL. And I'd have to say that after several years of
trying RunRev / LiveCode on and off again I am only now beginning to break
through.

LiveCode has an awful lot of Mystery Knobs.

Todd

On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 11:36 AM, Richmond <richmondmathewson at gmail.com>wrote:

> http://www.loper-os.org/?p=568

Todd Geist