Custom Property Data Limit?

Marty Knapp martyknapp at comcast.net
Thu Dec 1 12:55:59 EST 2011

I'm storing a tab-delimited text list in a custom property, with each
item maybe up to 25 characters or so in length and around 12 items per
line. Over time, this could grow to several hundred thousand lines. The
data is displayed in a datagrid. It's working just fine for me at this
point, but is there a limit to how much data you can put into a custom
property? Is there a point at which there will be a performance hit when
displaying in a datagrid? I'm just wondering if I need to start learning
about sql for my data storage for the long haul.

Thanks for any input you may have.

Marty Knapp